Let’s face it, keeping an industrial or commercial site as clean as possible isn’t the easiest thing in the world. Keeping these spaces clean and dust-free is vital for safety and operational efficiency, which is why regular industrial sweeping is one of the key aspects of industrial cleanliness. This helps remove dust, dirt, and debris that might get in anyone’s way as they do their work.
If you’re a site or business owner weighing your options, then you might have found yourself at a crossroads. Should you handle it yourself or outsource your industrial sweeping to a team that provides these professional services?
We’d like to help you make your choice. In this blog post, we’ll explore the pros and cons of both approaches, aiming to assist you in making the best decision for your unique needs. Let’s make a clean sweep of this.
What is an Industrial Sweeping Service?
A commercial or industrial sweeping service is a specialised cleaning service that tackles a range of industrial locations. Over the years, we’ve found that most clients picture our team coming in with a range of different brooms. While brooms are a part of the equation, it’s more likely that your industrial sweeping team will come in with a set of machines to tackle different areas of the site.
Services like ours tackle a range of locations, including:
- Construction sites
- Retail premises
- Apartment carparks
- Body corporates
The goal is to remove dirt, leaves, debris, and other grime to keep the floor as clean as possible. This prevents workers from tripping over obstacles in their path and helps keep your site healthy at all times.
Even the smallest things, like leaves building up in your drains, can cause blockages or health and safety issues that can be expensive to correct.
With all that covered, let’s examine the pros and cons of hiring a service like ours.
Pros and Cons of a Professional Industrial Sweeping Service
- Expertise and Efficiency. Our professional sweeping services team bring a ton of expertise and experience to the table. Trained technicians with specialised equipment can thoroughly sweep large industrial spaces. Industrial spaces are typically very large, meaning efficiency is key. In a manufacturing facility or any spot where hazardous materials abound, it’s essential to ensure all spaces are thoroughly cleaned regularly. An expert team can take care of that faster than casual workers.
- Reduced Distraction. While choosing an in-house team or setting a sweeping rotation amongst workers is a way to reduce immediate costs, it can actually cost you more in the long run. Without the expertise or specialised machinery, they can’t get through the job as quickly, spending too much time doing a job that takes them away from their original role. A specialised team reduces distractions.
- Cost Predictability. Professional sweeping services come with a price tag, but they’re generally predictable, allowing you to factor these costs into your budget easily. This way, you won’t have to worry about unexpected maintenance or equipment replacement expenses.
- Customisation and Flexibility. The right industrial sweeping team should offer you the chance to customise their service offering, allowing you to meet your business needs. Whether it’s scheduling, frequency, or an area that requires dedicated focus, you can work with the team so that they tailor their services to your exact needs.
- Outsourced Control. When you hire a team, your immediate control over said team may be lower than with an in-house operation. That said, the right team works hard to meet your expectations and will work with you to operate almost as well as an in-house team without the additional hiring costs and the hassle of developing a training program.
- Upfront Costs. The upfront costs of hiring a professional sweeping service may be higher than purchasing a sweeper for internal use. However, the long-term benefits include time savings, site health, reliability, and efficiency, offsetting that initial investment.
Choosing between a DIY and professional industrial sweeping service depends on various factors. The right call for you will vary depending on your unique circumstances, so the best thing you can do is to discuss your needs with the team you’re potentially contracting.
At Scrubbing Solutions, we offer free quotes with on-site assessments to give you the most accurate pricing. Our team is always up to answer your questions, and we can get them on-site to check out what’s going on and give you a specifically targeted assessment.
Keep your commercial or industrial site pristine with a professional industrial sweeping service.
There’s nothing like the touch of a professional to make a job easier! Enjoy arriving at a clean workplace each morning, knowing it will be cleaned again when you leave for the day – and you won’t have to do it.
Make the right choice for your business. Contact us to discuss your industrial sweeping needs or get a free quote.